Who knew having kids could change everything? I started this blog to keep my family and friends up to date on all the adventures and mishaps of being a mom.

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Lymphomathon

This morning at the Phoenix zoo they did a walk to raise money for Lymphoma reseach. My friend Meg's mom is fighting this right now so when she asked me to walk, it was a no brainer. Emersyn and I would be there. It was awesome to see all the survivors and supporters out there. It was a chilly morning but we were ready and what was awesome was that you could enjoy the zoo and look at the animals while walking. It took us almost 2 hours to complete just 3 miles since we were stopping to look at the animals and chat. It was awesome to spend time with friends and since Jamie pushed the stroller the whole time (thanks again), I got to just walk and enjoy. After 2 hours in the fresh air and lots of running around the zoo herself, my little animal was exhuasted. She crashed literally within 5 min of getting in the car lol.

Meg and Jamie- we are down for next year! Sign us up :-)


All bundled up and ready to go. It was early and cold.


She wasn't sure of the baboons..... neither were Jamie and I.


She wasn't a big fan of the fake Orangutan. Although the real ones she was practically banging on the glass to get them to come close.


A morning running around at the zoo wears a girl out.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you sooo much for coming! I can tell Zoolights with Emersyn is going to be even better this year than in the past!

    ReplyDelete