Who knew having kids could change everything? I started this blog to keep my family and friends up to date on all the adventures and mishaps of being a mom.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Thankful- Day 1



With 1 week left until Thanksgiving, I am going to do a daily countdown of what I am thankful for. Today I am thankful that I was blessed with such an amazing child. I have always wanted to be a mom. It was something that I just knew I wanted, but I admit I was starting to wonder if it would happen for me. Although she was a very happy surprise (once the shock wore off), I wouldn’t change how she came into this world at all. I am thankful for:

1-      Her sweet smile. Nothing melts your heart like having this little angel smile at you.
2-      Her stubbornness. Now you might not initially see how this is something I am thankful for but, it will serve her well later in life. She will not be oneto give up when things get hard.
3-      Her laugh. Now that she is older, she laughs when we laugh which I think is hilarious because she has no idea why she is laughing.
4-      Her hugs. She gives the best hugs. I love when she snuggles up close.
5-      Her food preferences- She has the food palette of someone much older. She loves mushrooms, olives, tofu, and she loves her veggies. There isn’t much this girl won’t eat or at least try.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
6-      Her life. I am so blessed and so honored that I get to be her mother and watch her grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment