Who knew having kids could change everything? I started this blog to keep my family and friends up to date on all the adventures and mishaps of being a mom.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Best Part of Wakin' Up...

No, it is not Folger's in my cup, although I do enjoy that a few hours later. One of my absolutely favorite parts of the day is Emersyn’s early morning bottle.  My baby sleeps anywhere from 8-9 hours a night, so she is hungry between 4:30am-5:30am every day. She is still really sleepy still (just needs some food before going back to sleep most days). I know that Alex would help out with this morning ritual if I wanted to sleep later or get more rest but I am just not ready to give it up.

I can hear Emersyn start to stir on the baby monitor about 15 minutes before she actually starts to cry; letting me know that she is officially hungry and wants food now. Since she is still sleepy, when I pick her up she cuddles in close while I make her bottle. Then for the next 20-30 minutes it is just her and I sitting in the dark living room. I only turn the entry light on so that the light doesn’t wake her up. As I feed her, she holds my hand that is holding the bottle. I don’t mind that I am tired or that I left my warm bed to sit on the cold couch. I don’t mind that on work days, I have to turn around and jump in the shower when she goes back to bed. I don’t mind that Alex is sleeping soundly in the bedroom and gets 2 extra hours of sleep a night then me. All I think about is how much I love the angel in my arms and I much I love the morning bottle time.

After she’s done eating (usually sleeping at this point), she gets a quick burp and then I lay her back into her crib and cover her up.  I know that soon these early morning bottles will fade away as she is able to sleep longer, so I am cherishing every morning while I still get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment