Who knew having kids could change everything? I started this blog to keep my family and friends up to date on all the adventures and mishaps of being a mom.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Please pass the tissues

So I have seen the sappy 'Lifetime movies' with the mom that is bawling her eyes out due to the lovely postpartum horomones but I always thought that they weren't really that bad. Until I had Emersyn. I can cry for any reason. A few nights ago when it was raining and hailing, I was awake with Emersyn and heard the noise outside. I went to the window and then woke Alex up crying because it was hailing on his car and I was so sorry we didn't have a garage for him to park his car in (side note- there was not a dent left on his car and he just laughed at me for crying). I can cry when I sing Emersyn to sleep because they are the songs my mom sang me, I cry when I get frustrated with her for not sleeping because I feel guilty for being annoyed at my precious baby and I can cry for absolutely NO reason (any episode of the Wonder Years which is now on each night gets me crying). I will never make fun of the sappy movies that showcase the "baby blues" again because as my sleep deprived body tries to regulate back to my pre-baby horomone levels, I may just cry a few more times just for the hell of it.

1 comment: