Who knew having kids could change everything? I started this blog to keep my family and friends up to date on all the adventures and mishaps of being a mom.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

It was supposed to be so much easier...

When we found out Emersyn was breech, back in August, we scheduled a C-section for a week before my due date (October 8th).  This meant I would get to "miss out" on contractions and labor pain...and for those of you who know me know this is a good thing!  However, little Emersyn had her own agenda.  On Thursday, Sept. 30th, just as we got into bed my water broke.  Neither of us panicked because we were told in birthing class "it can take hours from when your water breaks until labor truly begins".  They lied.

Luckily we rushed to the hospital (skipping the showering and shaving of my legs) because within two hours my contractions were every twenty seconds.  Since we were waiting on the spinal tap for surgery I had NO PAIN KILLERS.  Thankfully surgery started a little after midnight and 19 minutes into the first of October Emersyn was born.

1 comment: