Who knew having kids could change everything? I started this blog to keep my family and friends up to date on all the adventures and mishaps of being a mom.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Texture Smexture

I have finally decided to concede that my child is a picky eater. I have been lying to myself for months saying that it was just a phase and that she would finally get it, but alas… I have decided to concede… sort of. Emersyn will be 10 months old on Monday and as her 1st birthday looms near, I have been trying to broaden her “stage 2” baby food.

Let me start by clarifying that she is not a picky eater when it comes to food; she is a picky eater when it comes to textures. As long as it comes in a “Stage 2” format, my kid will lick the bowl clean. However, when I try to mix in “Stage 3” or cottage cheese, she gags herself until she throws up. She is the first bulimic infant I have ever seen.  I am not a picky eater. I will eat almost everything. However, I do not like melon (any type watermelon, honeydew, cantaloupe, etc) because of the texture. I think it is gross. Apparently, my child sadly inherited from me her hate of textures…. As much as I would love to blame her father for this L

So what to do? I wouldn’t care what stage food she was on if a trip to Disneyland was not planned for 4 months from now and I refuse to lug baby food around the park. So… I have made the executive decision to skip “Stage 3” food in our house and move straight to table food because when she feeds herself, she is fine. She eats crackers, cheerios, pancakes and bananas, so I am just going to keep broadening her table food intake. I can’t keep cleaning up throw up or spending money on baby food that gets thrown away. Just pray that getting the table food down is an easier process than “Stage 3” for our house J  

No comments:

Post a Comment