Who knew having kids could change everything? I started this blog to keep my family and friends up to date on all the adventures and mishaps of being a mom.

Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Birthday America

I have really been lacking in the mandatory parenting activities since Emersyn was born. We didn't go to see Santa Claus, we didn't go to see the Easter Bunny so.... I was determined to celebrate the 4th! We decided to celebrate the 4th on the 3rd though. Mostly because Emersyn is normally in bed when it is still light out and Tuesday we both have to work... meaning Emersyn has to get up at 6am (usually her normal time) for daycare so there would be no sleeping in if she stayed up late. Since there were no fireworks on the 3rd, we decided to have our own small celebration. After bath time, we went out to the patio to light sparklers. We were in luck that a monsoon had hit earlier so even though it was only 7:30 out, it was pretty dark with clouds. Alex and I fought over who got to light the sparklers while we took turns holding Emersyn. She, however, was less than impressed with our small light show. Regardless, I have pictures to show her when she has kids of her own of her first 4th (3rd) of July! :-) The last picture is my favorite, I got Alex smiling and Emersyn leaning on her favorite man!





No comments:

Post a Comment