Who knew having kids could change everything? I started this blog to keep my family and friends up to date on all the adventures and mishaps of being a mom.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Happiest Place for a Toddler

This is going to be a long post, so sit back, grab a drink and enjoy J

Two weeks ago we made the trek to California to take Emersyn to the Happiest Place on Earth. I was a little nervous for the car ride with a toddler. My child is not one of those kids that falls asleep as soon as you get in the car. She tends to stay awake and want to be entertained so I packed a bag of toys and into the car we went.

We met up with my mom and aunt at Starbucks for some breakfast before heading out of town (yep poor Alex was the only boy on the trip). Thankfully, Emersyn loves books and kept herself pretty entertained “reading” in the backseat for a few hours before finally falling asleep. It felt like we stopped at every rest stop and we were at Jacki in the Box for lunch for about 45 min since Emersyn eats slow but we finally made it to the hotel. We checked into our rooms (Alex, E and I in one and my mom and aunt in the other). I was very grateful the rooms were connecting so that Emersyn had double the hotel space to wonder around.

After unpacking the cars and a quick wardrobe change, we headed over to Downtown Disney to shop and find someplace for dinner. We stopped first in World or Disney. I knew that I wanted a sweatshirt since I always borrow my mom’s on these trips so I went looking and found a super cute Tinkerbell sweatshirt. While in line, I found the best purchase of the whole trip- a toy cell phone for Emersyn that lights up, makes a fake photo click sound and has Cinderella talking when you hit certain buttons. She is still playing with it every day on the way to daycare J

 
We stopped in a few other shops and then all agreed we were starving. We decided on Rainforest Café. I know that we have them here in AZ but we never go to them here and it was fun for Emersyn. She was a little scared of the storm at first but got into it pretty quickly. Our friends Tallen and Nate met us all for dinner since they recently moved to Anaheim and we got to catch up. We hit the Lego store and a few more stores on the way home then bath, bottle and bed time.

We agreed that we would only be doing Disneyland this trip due to the fact that we only had 2 days and a toddler that needs naps so the next morning we got ready and headed over to the park. After the gates opened we went to the bakery for coffee (a must) and pastries. Then we headed over to Peter Pan for Emersyn’s first ride. She was not a fan of the dark we found out and that ride is dark (first mistake for mom lol). We then went on the carousel because she was eyeing it the whole time we were in line for Peter Pan. She did better on that. Then onto It’s a Small World. She did enjoy that by the time it ended. We decided that the adults wanted to do a ride and choose Indiana Jones. My mom’s shoulder was hurting so she stayed out with Emersyn while we went on. We came back to a sleeping baby so we took turns going on Pirates while Emersyn slept. She was awake by the time Alex and I got done and we headed over to the Country Bear restaurant for lunch. It was fantastic!

 

We headed over to the Winnie the Pooh ride and then decided to wear Emersyn out on Tom Sawyer’s Island so she would nap again. She ran around and loved it and was totally ready for a nap by the time we got back to the hotel room. After nap, we headed back to the park and hit up Buzz Lightyear. She rode with my mom and Alex and I would just like to point out that I kicked his butt J We hit the tea cups, Dumbo, dinner and hunted mansion before heading home for the night.
 

The next day was just as fun. We hit up Toon Town, tea cups 2 more times, Dumbo again, the adults got to go on Space Mountain, the submarines, we saw the parade, went on the train, and the Columbia boat. The trip was a huge success and I can’t wait to go back again with her. In fact, my mom and I are already trying to figure out when we can fit another trip in as soon as all of us recover from the lack of sleep :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment