Who knew having kids could change everything? I started this blog to keep my family and friends up to date on all the adventures and mishaps of being a mom.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Two steps forward, Two steps back

About a month ago, I got very excited because Emersyn had slept through the night without crying out because she couldn’t find her binky. She has been “sleeping” 10 hours a night since she was 5 months old but she cries out 1-3 times a night because she needs her binky and it has fallen into an obscure corner of the crib. She finally figured out how to locate 1 of the two binkies in her crib and get it back in her mouth by herself and I was enjoying the extra sleep. Even though getting up to put in a binky is not as rough as middle of the night feedings, I am still getting interrupted sleep.

Well… about a week ago the streak of sleep has stopped. She is working on 3 teeth and has had a viral infection and all of this has driven her back into the world of “I can’t find my binky” cries in the middle of the night. So… once again I get up, walk down the hallway, locate a binky in a dark room, stick it back in her mouth, cover her up and go back to bed….. several times a night.

I am hoping this relapse is only temporary, however my gut is telling me not to give up on my weekend naps.

No comments:

Post a Comment